Saturday, June 19, 2010

People watching

There has been a lot of talk lately about body image and the like so i though i would give my two cents. My BMI is always weird for me because it says I'm at risk for obesity sometimes and others it says I'm ideal, truth is i have a lot of muscle on me (witch ways more then fat) and that always messes me up. Your BMI is not something to live by its just a generalization of how you probably are.

In my personal experience the people most insecure about their weight are people who compare themselves to the wrong people. Models are not a good comparison because they are chosen because they are skinny and perfect looking and all that, how can you ever compare? Good people to compare yourself with are just random people at the beach or pool for example, you'll feel much better about your body image looking at real people.

Never look down at yourself literally, if you do you'll see a lot of things that aren't there just because of the angle, so always look at yourself in the mirror. another thing that will make you lose 5 pounds instantly is stand up straight and pull your abs in, and magic! you look thinner and have better posture!

so watch real people to get and idea about where you stand body wise and remember to stand up straight!

No comments:

Post a Comment