Thursday, June 2, 2011

5 Favorite Things About Lolita

Heres a list of things that inspires me the most to be a lolita and to continue dressing and sewing and just continue to enjoy the lifestyle.

1: The esthetic! who would become a lolita without loving the overall look? the petticoats the dresses, the prints! I love it all! candy, candelabra's, cherubs, I always love an outfit post or co-ord no matter the style.

2: Tea parties~ Ever since i can remember I have always loved tea. One of my favorite things to do is bring out a fancy tea cup, dress nice and quietly sip some tea while reading, or host a tea party where we talk polotics, news, or harry potter, it doesn't really matter the conversation as long as its enjoyable overall.

3: Sewing. I love to sew and design dresses. And of coarse lolita is one of the things that inspires me most to sew.

4: The People, everyone is awesome! especially decked out in loli! of coarse theres no other serious lolits near me but my close friends know well enough BtSSB, and general loli-ness.

5: This may come as a surprise but random old women telling me they like my dress always seems to be the compliment that makes me feel the best. You know when your just sitting at the bus stop and the old lady next to you tells you that if anyone gives you trouble, tell them to fuck off. these comments are the most random but also i find them the most empowering. probably because it comes from a source one would least expect.

2 comments:

  1. Tea Parties are the most cute events!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are! there probably my favorite lolita event! more then fashion shows or other get togethers!

    ReplyDelete