Thursday, May 5, 2011

Fine China

I have a confession, I'm a china fanatic. I thrive in antique stores looking at all the tea cups and china sets.



Its always been my belief that every household/woman should have a set of fine china. And that the pattern should reflect its owner in a positive fashion. (oh the symbolism of flowers!) So i have begun thinking of what pattern i should choose to be my main set (with all the plates etc.) and found its really hard!

Theres just so many patterns i dont know where to start! but while i'm floundering about trying to make a decision ill leave you with a tip:

I you hold a piece of china up to a light (in this case a teacup) you can tell if its real bone china if you can see the brand on the bottom through the cup.

Its kind of hard to take a picture of but the grey in the middle of the cup is the brand showing through the cup in the light. otherwise the inside of the cup is pure white.

If the cup isn't real china the light wont shine through. or it wont have a brand mark.



Hope it helps you out sometime!

2 comments: