Monday, August 8, 2011

30 day challenge day 2



Ten things you love about lolita


1- The silhouette. I've always loved how the skirt poofs away from the body and how te bodice of the dress works to slim your waist and make your legs look loooooong!

2- The prints! theres no where else where you can find adorable prints of little sheep danceing, or chandeliers, or alice in wonderland, quite as cute as lolita fashion. I think the prints are one thing lolita has uniquely to itself.

3- The feeling you get wearing it.  I love the feeling of wearing a dress even if im not leaving the house wearing it, i still get the feeling of being adorable and happy.

4- The shoes! like any girl, I can never have enough pairs of shoes! I love all the cute shoes you can find, from rocking horse to simple heels with a bow on them.

5- Meetups. I really enjoy going to meetups and chilling with others that are interested in the same things as me, the same fashion. although we dont know each other very well yet we still manage to talk and have a good time!

6- making everything in life a little more adorable. I think lolita does this to a lot of people. once your into the fashion suddenly everything should be just a bit cuter then it normally would be. I find myself tying bows to vases and adding table runners to a dinner setting and buttons to jackets, to get a little extra cute.

7- The complements from people on the street! this is one of the most potentially daunting and rewarding parts of lolita, going out in public with it. of coarse you get the weird looks and scowls but you also get the compliments from passers by and the little old ladys, I love compliments from elderly women!

8- The confidence it gives you in everyday life. even if your not wearing lolita, if you need to do something daunting i always find power in thinking "well if i can go out into the world at my frilliest, presenting in front of the class looking normal shouldn't be that hard."

9- the accessories. I love all the bracelets and necklaces you can find, the headbows and rings too! you can pair them up for something OTT or a casual lolita look.

10- the brands! where would i be without Baby the Stars Shine Bright? probably stuck in jeans and a baggy boring t-shirt. I'm glad i excepted that trend. Baby has a little something for everyone and i really love the prints Alice and the Pirates comes out with.

No comments:

Post a Comment